Monday, December 6, 2010

What a weekend!!!

Friday afternoon I headed to the much anticipated Deeper Still Conference in Birmingham to hear Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer and none other than THE Beth Moore with Mom, Mrs. Adams and Tonya.
The first night, Kay spoke.  Can I just tell you how AMAZING that woman is to be 77 years old and still speaking (and rocking skinny jeans and boots)???  She took us through the book of Matthew in an hour and a half.  No joke.  I have been blessed to do her studies since I was in middle school.  I also have to say she's a fellow Tennessee Temple Alumni.  : )
I had never heard Priscilla speak, never even done one of her Bible Studies before, but I tell you what, she ROCKED.  My book list grew after hearing her. 
Then that time finally came... the moment Tonya and I had been waiting for... it was Beth's turn.  That woman did NOT disappoint.  I was so challenged to find that Treasure in the midst of the disappointment or just in the little things cause it is there.  Luke 2 was brought to life in a new way for me.  We watched her walk out of that room and as she did, she stopped and I watched a woman tell her that she had been through the same thing has Beth.  Beth just hugged her.  It was such an incredible moment to watch.
The 3 of them got together for a panel session which was a question and answer time.  It got pretty funny, but it was neat to see them being so real with everyone.  The poor handful of men that were there were probably ready to get out of there by this point.
It was also a blessing to get to worship with Travis Cottrell again.  He did an amazing job leading the worship for the almost 14,000 women that were in attendance of this conference.
I was so ready to get out of town for the weekend, but I was so ready to come home.  I was ready for Hanging of the Green... ready to see Matt... ready to be back with the High Schoolers.  Hanging of the Green did not disappoint this year.  Matt did a great job pulling it all together.  The kids sang and acted well.  It seemed to go by really fast this year.  Like I think we blinked and this whole semester has flown by. 
I'm home sick today.  The sinus issues have finally done me in.  I fought it all weekend- determined to get through it- and by late last night I had to just give in.  Hopefully a day of recouperation will do me some good and I'll be back to at least half way normal by tomorrow.  We have a week filled with Christmas parties, banquets and concerts.  The last part of this week I'm going to be cooking a lot... Anyone out there got any good Christmas party recipes???

1 comment:

  1. OH I'm so jealous! That sounds like such a blessed time! I love all three of those women. I also miss the opportunities I got at good 'ol TTU.

    ReplyDelete