Friday, December 17, 2010

The Busyness Continues...

December is such a busy month!  Almost everyday since Thanksgiving, my email devotional has been on busyness.  As nice as it is to know that I am not the only one with this problem right now, I still see it as a problem, but can't seem to find a way to remedy it.  I guess God decided to just give me that way last week.  I got a nasty head cold.  It's been a long time since I felt that sick.  It came on Sunday, kept me home from work on Monday, had me sent home early and to the Doctor on Tuesday.  Then Wednesday and Thursday, I was feeling pretty good. I was gearing up for a super busy weekend.  We had multiple things going on several days.  Friday morning I woke up and was worse than I had been on Monday.  What in the world???  I ended up leaving work early with the hopes of getting a decent amount of rest and being able to participate in at least 1 of the 3 activities we had going on Friday night.  No such luck.  I spent all afternoon and evening in bed.  I missed activities.  Ones that I really wanted to be at.  And you know what???  The world didn't end. (Even my own world didn't end.  I told mom it would.)  By Saturday, I wasn't at 100%, but was about at 85%.  I was able to participate in the Ensemble Christmas Party, which included caroling at a Nursing Home. (And yes, for those of you who know me, as usual a random thing happened to me while I was there.  This time it was a sweet old man who decided to flirt with me while I was taking pictures of the kids singing.  It was FUNNY.)  Afterwards, we all headed to a friend's house for chili and a gingerbread making competition.  These kids are hardcore.  They plan in advance for what they were going to build.  Some of it was quite impressive and some of it was just plain funny. 
We have had quite a week of "winter weather".  It has been SOOOOO cold!  We have had some snow and some ice.  Wednesday afternoon my car was a sheet of ice.  Then Thursday, it was about 58-59 degrees and now its back to the typical cold spell.  I'm over winter and its not even winter yet.  haha...
I've been combing through my new Stampin' Up kit.  I can't wait till it all comes in.  I want to play, play, play.  I've got to work on booking my first workshop.  They have a contest for 2010 recruits to make a card out of the kit.  I've got till December 31 to finish it.  Ideas are flowing... I'll post a picture when I have it done. 
The next week has much more in store.  Winterlude, Christmas Shower, Family Christmas and Texas... It's gonna be another busy week, but a super fun one!  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment