Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Praise God

I wasn't planning on posting this week, but I just feel I oughta. This morning I was on my way to work and had made it to the Sparkman exit on 565. I was pulling off the ramp (still slowing down from going 70 on the interstate) and a taxi who had previously been stopped pulled very slowly out in front of me. I slammed on my brakes and could tell there was no possible way just doing that was going to keep me from hitting the car in front of me. I swerved into the other lane (thankfully there were no cars there) and the taxi continued to pull over towards me and I almost hit it again. Next thing I knew I was in the gravely, grassy area and was headed for a metal sign. I immediately swerved back into the lane and was able to stop at the light. By this point, I was shaking and crying. My heart had about flown out of my chest. All I could do was thank God that he had spared me from hitting that car and causing injuries to myself or to the other car. I am thankful my mom prays for my safety each morning. It was only God who got me through that one.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are safe. I was in a wreck last year and it is way scary!

    ReplyDelete