Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Recap...

I love sitting back and reflecting on the past year- the good and the bad, happy and sad.  It's been a wild year, so here's a recap of what happened:
January- got an amazing boyfriend for my birthday, got a new car (well a 2007)
February- celebrated Valentine's Day at PF Chang's and at the movies w/ that boy
March- Spent Spring Break on a Choir Missions Trip with 109 high school students and sponsors from my church. 
April- Went to Knoxville, TN on middle school Choir Missions Trip.
May- Went to a pretty awesome hot air balloon festival and brunch with that boy then we joined my family for a day on the boat.  :)
June- That boy got ordained, his parents came to visit, I got to see/meet Mandisa at a concert, wrecked my car
July- That boy and I put an offer (contingent on the sale of his condo) in on a spec home in South Huntsville and put both of our places of residence on the market.  We also got to sing with Travis Cottrell which was AMAZING!
August- That boy popped the question in front of 130 or so students and 20 or so adults.  I of course said YES!  Two days later, we got the call that someone else put in an offer on the spec home, so we had to let it go, but they offered to build us the same thing in another lot.
September- spent a lot of time working on things for the new house.  So much to pick out!!!
October- After training for 4 months, we ran a 5k- The Liz Hurley Ribbon Run.  I beat my time from last year by about 4 minutes.
November- Malea and I decided to start our own crafting business- Desilea Boutique.  Look for us on etsy.com!  :)
December- Busy month with the Deeper Still Conference in Birmingham, Hanging of the Green, concerts, parties, etc.  We had our first wedding shower- a Christmas themed one.  It was fun.  We are blessed with such amazing family and friends.  We lost the house we were building to someone who put in a cash full price offer.  We are still deciding what to do about that.  I missed Huntsville's first white Christmas in MANY years, to spend it with Matt and his family in Texas.  Definitely worth it.  I had a great time.

God has been good to us this year.  It's been a crazy, crazy year, but I'm looking forward to 2011 and all the craziness to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment