Saturday, November 13, 2010

Grandma

Today is the anniversary of my Grandma's death.  She was killed unexpectedly in a train/car accident when I was 7.  I remember so vividly when my dad woke us up very early.  I knew something was wrong and I knew it was Grandma.  I've been told I am a lot like her- in the good ways of course.  We both love bright, fun colors, designs, etc.  She was a bit crafty, a bit crazy, and I remember her as being fun.  On this anniversary of her being gone, I find myself sad that she isn't here to share in our wedding and everything leading up to it.  I also found myself extremely thankful that I still have my mom.  I know she's missing her mom today.  I'm glad I've got her around cause I know I wouldn't have made it without her.

Here's an old picture of Mom and me with both of my grandparents who are no longer with us:
 And this is a picture at my kindergarten graduation.  It's the last time I remember seeing Grandma.


Love you Grandma and we still miss you...

No comments:

Post a Comment