Tuesday, March 3, 2009

After the final rose...

I'm just going to go ahead and write about what everyone is talking about anyway. The final episode of The Bachelor was on last night. I generally watch the show, but never have I been so hooked on a season of it. It started because I felt awful for the way Jason was treated by Deanna, and then because of Stephanie who was from Huntsville. Granted I don't know her, have never met her, but sometimes you just have to pull for the girl from your city. Well by the time Stephanie got booted, I was so hooked, I couldn't miss an episode. I was so pulling for Melissa to win it last night. I had many friends texting, calling and facebooking through the whole thing. We were all stoked when Jason proposed. I think many of us cried. It was beautiful. Then on the "After the Rose Special", Jason comes on the screen looking like someone had died. Then he just popped up with "Things changed after the show. I don't love her. I don't want to be with her." How in the world can you claim to be "in love" with someone, then propose to them and then "not be in love" anymore? He also claimed Melissa knew it was coming. Judging by her reaction and what she said, I DON'T THINK SO!!! Melissa said to him what he needed to hear. It didn't matter. I think she's better off any way. He also claimed to still be in love with Molly, which he then got the opportunity to tell her. She should have said no way, but that's not the way it works. She is taken aback, but gives him the opportunity! I can be a little understanding about the fact that it didn't work out, but what flabbergasted me was that he had the audacity to break up with her on national television. Seriously, do it in private. UUUUHHHHH!!! Then 7 minutes later he's planting a nice kiss on Molly.
I'm currently watch the third part of After the Rose and am listening to Jason drone on. Melissa couldn't make the show. Could you blame her? I'm interested to see what Molly has to say. Apparently, hers and Jason's relationship is going well. If they are truly meant to be together, then good for them. I just feel bad for Mel. I'm looking forward to hearing who the next Bachelorette will be.
I recently watched the movie "He's just not that into you". I came out disappointed in the fact that they really made girls looked psychotic. Never do they point out that guys actually do things to make girls think that they like them. I found it funny that they turned it around and completely blamed us. Now I'm not by any means saying that some girls don't take it the wrong way or that girls aren't stupid about things. I'm just saying its not completely our fault.
I'm not a male-basher. I have a lot of really great guy friends that I am really thankful for. I just wonder sometimes what has made society the way it is?

No comments:

Post a Comment