Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Here we go...

Well... I made it to 26. Yes, I know that was last week, but I am wicked slow at writing on this thing. Anyway, I really didn't want to get any older than 25, but I just couldn't stop it. :) It rained- hard- the whole day. I braved the weather anyway and met up with Katie and Roxanne for lunch at Logan 's, where I was thoroughly embarrassed. Then that night I met up with my family and of course the Adams' for my birthday dinner at Connor's. I requested a snooty birthday dinner with everyone dressed up in at least church clothes and for the most part I got it. I got the "special" birthday song where everyone at the table sang in completely different keys and none of them were on the correct key. I laughed so hard. It was good. My friend came over later that night and we chatted till 2am. Exciting birthday, huh??
I usually wait till my birthday to make my "real" goals for the year. My main thing for this year is really going to be about branching out. I want to try new things. I intend on trying snow skiing, water skiing (and getting back in that tube), maybe even camping and hiking.
I am getting involved at church again. I took a hiatus for a little while and was visiting another church. For now, I am back at Whitesburg and will probably attend Willowbrook in the evenings. Whitesburg has an AWESOME women's ministry and I really love that group of women. I've been getting involved with that again and am praying about getting involved in the youth group. I really miss my teens at Friendship. We had Sweet Surrender this past Friday. It was a really awesome time of fellowship with each other and with God, as well as some pretty amazing desserts. I look forward to Girl's Night Out at the end of the month. I intend on scrapping and playing some volleyball.
I am getting consistent with walking at the gym. I still can't run due to that lovely tumble down the stairs in December. I just know the swelling and the knot will go away eventually. I can do the elliptical for short spurts of time. One day I'll get it all together. :)
For "Friends" night a couple weeks ago I made the most amazing chicken. It was marinated in a honey dijon mustard sauce then topped with bacon and cheese and baked. OMTG! It was out of this world. I wrote keeper in big letters on it! The cookie for this week was a peanut butter, chocolate, caramel one. That was another big keeper. (BTW- I'll trade recipes with anyone who wants to trade w/ me. I cook for a group of 4-8 fairly regularly)
Anyway, my BFF promised me that 26 was going to be the best year of my life and that she thinks I am going to get an amazing surprise this year. I know what she thinks the surprise will be, but I'll keep it to myself and let you know when/if it happens. ;) So, here's to 26 being super amazing.

1 comment:

  1. I hope an amazing 26th year Desiree. I pray for you often. Can I please have that first recipe you talked about? It sounds terrific! That's great about being faithful to the gym, keep up the hard work. Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete