Friday, January 23, 2009

Best Birthday Month EVER!

When I started off this week, I just knew it was going to be AWESOME! It started with MLK Day- which means a day off of work. I was able to get some things done around the house and almost finish a scrapbook. It's been awhile since I have had my scrapbooking mo-jo, but I am happy to report it is back! Must be the scrapbooking room...
Tuesday was back to work, and felt like 10 Mondays in one. We found humor during the inauguration when one of the preacher's stood behind the podium and you could barely see him. He got named "the munchkin" which obviously led to Lisa and I singing- "Follow the Yellow Brick Road" and "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" and later Lynn added to it with "If I only had a Brain" and "Welcome to munchkin-land". In the midst of the chaos at work, Katie sent out a text offering 2 free Dancing with the Stars Tour tickets. The catch was it was in Nashville- that night. Anyone who knows me knows that I have an unhealthy obsession with that show. I play my playstation 2 game of it all the time. hehe... Anyway... we left after work to head up there to see it. I have to say it was AMAZING! It was way better to watch live. I have now added dancing lessons to my list of things to do this year. It was all I could do to sit in my seat.I added a video to the bottom of this post.
The rest of this week is been pretty normal. Life is good. We officially started back to small groups this week. We are learning about God's promises. I think the next 4 weeks or so are going to be pretty good reminders of those.
The cookie of the week this week was Fudge Ecstacies. I didn't really have any left to take to work. They were a big hit. It's taking me a while to figure out what to make this weekend, but I am sure it will come to me.


1 comment: