Saturday, January 8, 2011

1 year ago...

I planned on getting this posted on Thursday, but better late than never right?

1 year ago (January 6) was my 27th birthday.  On my 27th birthday, I got a present that changed my life.  That present was Matt.  He brought me a bouquet of 49 hot pink roses and a gift card to Little Rosie's. He took me out on our first real date on that day (to Chili's).  That day was the turning point in our friendship.  He told me that he wanted a relationship.  He wasn't playing games that he was looking for a wife.  I got a boyfriend for my 27th birthday.  I'm so glad we had that conversation that night.  Cause now, 1 year later, we are planning our wedding.  Planning our life together. 
He has brightened my life in so many ways.  He pushes me to be better than I am.  He encourages me to pursue my goals and dreams- even when he doesn't understand them.  He allows me to be an active part of his ministry.
1 year ago, I wouldn't have thought we'd be as close as we are now, but I am so glad things are the way they are.  I can't wait to see what we'll be doing 1 year from now.  I love him & can't wait to see what the future holds!

Christmas 2010- Texas




No comments:

Post a Comment