Sunday, October 17, 2010

A New Adventure: Race Day!!!

As if Matt and I weren't doing enough, we have spent the last 12 weeks training for a 5K.  We have been a part of the Run for God program at our church, where we have trained with a large number of fellow church members. 
Here is our group shot:

I have attempted running/walking the Liz Hurley Ribbon Run for the past 3 years- each year beating my time, but not yet running the whole thing.  This was Matt's first 5K experience.  He did an INCREDIBLE job finishing with a time of 27:30!!!  My time was 44:42- which was around 3 minutes off my time from last year.  I still couldn't run the whole thing, but I was happy with that due to everything that I have dealt with throughout training.  Matt has been my biggest encourager all the way to that finish line.  I'm so thankful God gave me him.  I had planned on this being my only 5K for the year, but we're all discussing running a few more that are coming up to keep ourselves going until the next Run for God training program begins in March.
Here is a pic of Matt & I before the race:
We have been all about "adventures" in our relationship.  So, this was OUR first 5K together.  What a great adventure it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment